Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A sad, sad day

On Sunday, a whole group of us went to Kathryn's flat to watch the Brazil vs. Australia soccer game. I was really annoyed because you can buy Spain, Italy, Germany, England and Brazil t-shirts in all the shops but you can't get an Aussie one.

They played so well... they had so many close shots... and yet... The first half was good. Actually, I thought they played even better in the second half, but so did the Brazilians. I was so nervous I bit a hole through my cheek because I was chewing it unconsciously.

Well, there's still the game against Croatia.

Last night Spain had a great match. I don't even need to watch it- every time Spain scores, someone lets off fireworks or crackers and honks a car horn and everyone screams in the bars so I can hear it from my room. So I know who wins without leaving my room.

The photo is of the two Brazilian guys Leo and Dijonne, and the three Aussies. And their wretched Brazilian flag.

No comments: