Friday, July 17, 2009

Back on the camino

When we arrived back in Spain, in Barcelona last Sunday, I nearly cried with joy. And when I arrived in Logroño and Beza was waiting at the bus station, I nearly wept for joy again.

I think my love of Spain is infectious. My parents are completely in agreement that Spain is ten times more beautiful than Italy, the food is way better (and more importantly they don't rip you off by making you pay for bread or service), the people are heaps friendlier and Italian ham has nothing on Spanish ham. And if anyone disagrees, they've obviously never tried good Spanish ham. Even the coffee is much better and everything is cheaper.

We're now on the Camino de Santiago, and will arrive in Santiago tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing what the hype is about.

1 comment:

Monica Tan said...

I liked Spain more than Italy too, because it's softer, sweeter, more sensous and friendlier. Definitely prefer in terms of living.

But I do appreciate Italy's style, and almost aggressive sense of sophistication in everything they do.