Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Kings Of Convenience and codeine

Two Saturdays ago, we went to a Kings Of Convenience concert in San Sebastian that was awesome. Afterwards we went for pintxos.

Started back at work again last week and after just one class (the other class was on an excursion) I started to feel sick. Luckily I didn't have to work on Tuesday so I rested, but after Wednesday, my cough came back and my head started hurting.

On Friday I invited a few friends over for sushi and teriyaki skewers and on Saturday, Beza and I went to watch Millan play ice hockey. We went to one the Sunday before as well and his team won both matches, yay! I always think the players look like animals in a pet shop window, when they're penalised and have to sit in their little boxes for two minutes. Kind of cold and depressed with messy hair.

Then on Sunday I woke up feeling like I felt when I first started getting sick ie. horrible. I measured my temperature and had a slight fever so I went back to the doctor and he gave me more codeine stuff.

I took the medication before going to work and about an hour later felt incredibly dizzy and sick in the stomach. They were like the flu symptoms I experienced two weeks ago, which I attributed to the virus but which I now suspect are from the codeine. Then I went home and threw up. Very unpleasant. Beza bought me these pills you can take which line your stomach and stop you from feeling queasy and they've sort of worked but I've been put off taking my medication.

I think I would rather have a permanent dry cough than feel like I'm about to vomit.

I've also had this constant headache that only goes away when I take panadol. (And then comes back about four hours later). On Sunday I woke up at about 3 am feeling like mini people were banging on my head with their mini hammers. I hardly ever get headaches and they never last long but this one's been bothering me for more than a week now. My dad said he's got the same thing, a constant headache, and he never gets headaches either.

I think it's a particularly malignant flu this year. I blame the children for giving it to me and their parents for sending their germy kids to school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome sushi, make me some!! my food mostly (okay rarely) tastes good. But it NEVER looks any good. Ever. Never ever.
carobs