Thursday, November 05, 2009

Sickness in the house

We are both sick. On Sunday, I woke up with a massive headache but I thought it was because of the beers I drank on Saturday night (we went to an Oktoberfest party), even though I only drank a few beers in four hours.

Then I started to cough and my temperature went up. So on Monday I rang school to say I couldn't go and went to the doctor's. He prescribed me a cough medicine (with lots of codeine), a paracetamol (with lots of codeine) and an antibiotic that was ridiculously expensive. He also told me not to work for the next six days. Beza kindly went and bought my medicine for me because I was too sick to get up and when he came back from work at 6.30 pm, he said he was getting cold shivers and his muscles hurt.

The next morning, he also woke up with a fever. So he called work to say he couldn't go and made an appointment for the doctor's. We spent the day on the sofa sleeping with Flight of the Conchords on TV in the background.

His doctor gave him the rest of the week off as well and since then we've hardly left the house. Luckily neither of us have had much appetite so we haven't run out of food yet.

By the way, the sofa in the photo was free (and is very comfortable). We found it on the side of the road in our street one night. At first I was worried that someone had died in it and that's why it was getting chucked out, but then we discovered a big rip in one of the cushions, which we've covered with a big piece of fabric.

No comments: