Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The ATM ate my card

Yesterday, when I went to withdraw money from the ATM, I accidentally put in my visa card instead of my bank card and my card got swallowed. So this morning, I went back to the bank to ask for my card back and the bank dude said when cards get swallowed they drop into a special box and the box gets sent to a special card office where cards go to die. Like an elephant graveyard for cards. When I told my dad, he laughed, the unsympathetic beast. He did offer to give me his card number though so I could make internet bookings for flights but now I don't have a card. So vexed. I had to eat an icecream for consolation.

My creature and my mum left me on Monday for Madrid. So devastated. It was a public holiday too, so I couldn't go for a consolation shop. The icecream shop was open though and most conveniently situated between the bus station and my house so I got an extra big one and ate it all the way home. Then I invited Mel over and she ate my goat's cheese for me, which Mum had bought and I refused to eat and I ate a quiche. A whole quiche defrosted in the microwave. So gross.

Our tutor came from Australia to visit us and talk to us about our research projects. She gave me a good mark for my assessment! The one I wrote when I was sick. Perhaps I should thank the disease. We went for tapas afterwards too and I ate too much.

When we were in Madrid, we saw meerkats at a pet store. I was looking at them, thinking, is that what I think it is? And one of them stood up and peered down at us. The picture is pretty bad quality but we couldn't go inside because it was Easter Monday and the pet store was closed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yesh it does look like a meercat

Caro said...

Oh that was me (up above). How dare the machine eat your card. I might make meercat finger puppets. I'm making a tiger one. I've made a rabbit one, that looks more like a strange animal with very long ears.