Thursday, May 11, 2006

I killed a spider today

I was at the gym; its body was the size of a pea, but black and hairy with fuzzy white bits. When I dropped the 1.25 kg weight on it, I felt its muscles tense up as it thought "I can hold it... I can hold it... no I can't..." and the weight was suspended for a microsecond before it went crunch. I felt so bad.

Later some guy picked up the weight and I saw its crumpled little body. When I came back to it, it was gone. Someone must have stepped on it and smeared it remnants across the gym on the sole of his shoe.

What a senseless waste.

Dear little Spider,
I'm so sorry I killed you. So very very very very sorry. I know it can't mean much because you're dead, but I want to extend my apology to your descendants as well and all the descendants you'll never have now because I've exterminated you. You were so foul and hideous in life, so helpless, so dead and motionless in death. I can't sleep tonight because I'm thinking of my murderous deed. Perhaps I'll cry myself to sleep at dawn. Will it make you feel better to know that? I guess not because you've expired.

All the best in the after-life,
Sincerely, Cath

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hiiiiiiiii!!!
There was a spider in my room and i was dancing around and stepped on it so it died. this happened tonight. gnite!

Monica Tan said...

MURDERER