Tuesday, July 25, 2006

En Frankefurt

In Frankfurt! In Frankfurt! Tomorrow, I´m going to the zoo. That´s probably a stupid and wasteful thing to do because you can go to the zoo anywhere in the world, but the whim struck me. My 5€ Mango bag is already ripping. At least it was only 5€.

I fully appreciate international cuisine now. The main train station at Frankfurt has food places, sort of like in Australia, of cheap Japanese food (except it´s expensive here), Chinese, kebabs, Italian, and pretzels galore. Love pretzels. PRETZELS I ADORE YOU with your shiny brown skin and rock salt, so soft and doughy inside, like biting into something... really tasty. Speaking of which, my sister now has a child. Its name is Oliver.

Loved Hossegor. Loved meeting up with Elisabeth again. I want to go visit her in Sweden in September or October. Well, apparently October is already really cold, so I´ll see about September. I got a beautiful tan. Even though I slathered on sunscreen every morning and midday and sometimes in the afternoon as well. Hardly anyone wears sunscreen in France, at least not the women. And topless bathing was freakily prevalent. And lots of pregnant women sunbathing. I wonder if it damages the baby.

I got sick suddenly when I got back to Logrono. I was inexplicably struck down in the middle of the night when I got back with a fever close on 40 degrees, and I was freezing cold so I had to use my hot water bottle and heat pack. Let me assure you, it is NOT comfortable travelling when sick, although you get more space because you´ve got a feverish glint in your eye and people think you´re either crazy (especially since I was the only one in 37 degree Barcelona wearing long pants and a jacket) or contagious.

1 comment:

Caro said...

Oliver is honoured to have been mentioned in your blog. After the pretzels. I still like pretzels. It's very sad - i mean i even like Pretzel World Pretzels & they're just the worst pretzels ever.