Friday, July 28, 2006

Luther

This morning I went to the Petersburgh Citadel. It had a nice view of Erfurt from the top. Apparently Erfurt used to have around 90 churches but only around 20 remain. The two main ones are having work done on them so I wasn't able to enter. I went to the Augustinian cloister though, where Martin Luther used to study. Went into the church and wrote some postcards while listening to the organ being played. There was a prayer board near the entrance where people wrote their prayers. Most of them were in German, so I added an English one and I lit a tealight candle too. I felt very constructive.

I wanted to go on the underground citadel tour, where they give you a flaming torch and guide you around the underground part of the citadel but I had a headache and I suspected it would be in German anyway. It rains every afternoon, or it has since I arrived. The humidity gives me headaches that paracetamol has no effect on.

My dad thinks photos with no people in them are really boring, so I bought myself a mascot and he´s going to pose for me while I take photos. His name is Luther and he´s a small black sheep. Actually he doesn´t sit very well, except when doing the splits. I tried to make him sit in the shop and the shop assistants kept giving me funny looks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to have headache every afternoon around 4 pm when I was in san paulo,Brasil,30 years ago. when I realized it was due to enviroment ( pollution and sudden temperature changed and some other unknown reasons ),I had already suffered 6 monthes, then I decided to move to another small city to undertake my master degree study, a week after I moved to that small city (population 10,000), my headache was gone. I think when you go to other place your headache might disappeal. otherwise you can take aspirin instead of panadol.

Anonymous said...

So you are in errrrrfurt are you. how funny.

Anonymous said...

You must introduce me to Luther. I had to give Alfie a bath today, because his feet are getting green from the newspaper, and he's not cleaning himself properly no more. He grunted at me a lot. I don't think he liked it.

Caro said...

Lisa gave ALFIE a bath!?! We havent given Oliver a bath since he left hospital. Oops. Are you suppoosed to clean your children?

mmm.... i thought you were travelling with someone. Are you alone?! How scary. AND You can't speak German