Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hen's night

My friends took me out for my hen's night party on Saturday. It was awesome fun and probably the last time I'll be able to go out with them (minus boyfriends etc.) before heading back to Australia.

I'd told them no costumes or disguises or anything, so I was expecting just a dinner and then hitting the bars afterwards. However, they turned up wearing Spain t-shirts and short shorts and dressed me up in a t-shirt as well. I thought, OK, this isn't too bad. Then the stuff kept coming. First... a red garter. A referee whistle. A beach ball with Spanish images (ie. bulls and flags) plastered all over it. A pink massaging octopus named Paul. A money can with the Spanish flag. And last of all, a hideous Chinese headpiece with garish flowers and red tassles (totally random).

Apparently what I had to do was go around asking people for money for our 'national football team' and if they gave me some, I had to give them a massage with the pink octopus.

We had dinner in a fabulous place, where I ordered quail drumsticks covered in mushroom sauce (so cute! They have such tiny little legs!) and I had some baby squid that the other girls couldn't finish. NB. It's always good to dine out with girls because they leave stuff on their plates. With guys there usually aren't leftovers. Then we went to the bars. In one place we met a group of guys who were also celebrating a buck's night and we talked to them a while.

A few of the girls left just after 5 am, but the rest of us ended the night at 6 am, and arranged to meet up for a quick drink the next day. I brought along my money can and we opened it and counted the money inside. 17.35 euros! Just from randomly shaking the can in people's faces and telling them we were collecting for the Spanish football team.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos and my friend who took photos is away on holidays. But when she comes back I'll post a couple up.

5 comments:

Monica Tan said...

What a great night! Not sure how we can top it in Oz, but we gotta try :)

Unknown said...

The best hen weekend packages at kilkenny, if doing it in style is important then you are in the right place. We provide 1000\'s of Hen Party Ideas, Activities & Hotels Pick and choose your favorite ideas to create your perfect Hen Night Package
kilkenny hen party

Unknown said...

The best hen weekend packages at kilkenny, if doing it in style is important then you are in the right place. We provide 1000\'s of Hen Party Ideas, Activities & Hotels Pick and choose your favorite ideas to create your perfect Hen Night Package
hen party kilkenny
stag
hen & stag

Unknown said...

hen night party is really amazing last Sunday i am spend my weekend with hen night Ibiza and i am fully enjoy my weekend with beautiful ibiza girl i am also continue every weekend to party with my friends


Unknown said...

Very pleased with your perfect party celebration. My friend went for a lovely bachelorette eve of her cousin at one of the superb Los Angeles event venues few days back. Highly spoke of the catering and baking services. Drink providers and DJ was totally unique. She also suggested me to go for the same arrangements for mine big day.