Saturday, January 20, 2007

Less than a week

It's less than a week till I fly! It was really sad when Emily left. The end of an epoch (epoca? I'm getting my words confunded now with Spanish). We saw her off at the bus station, bought her a croissant to ease the pain of her goodbyes but afterwards we needed Zara and Mango retail therapy to anti depress us. (Photo: the completed Speak No Evil monkey that I made for Allen in class)

Javier rang me up tonight to go out but I've got an awful cough so I'm staying home, taking a panadol and going hard tomorrow night instead. I promised to go to Concept and stay out till 7 or 8. I don't want to be sad when I say goodbye. I'd rather go home and pretend it's just another typical Saturday night/Sunday morning. I've been alternating between elation and gloom. Last night I sent an email to my friends in Sydney to email me their mobile numbers because I lost them last year when my phone got stolen. Most of them got back to me immediately which reminded me how much I love them and how much I've missed them this year and made me so excited about seeing them again. But then of course I have to say goodbye to the people in Logrono, the exchange students I've gone out with and drank and cooked and ate with and it's miserable that I don't know when I'll see most of them again. Mel and I decided that instead of going to the monestarios on Tuesday, we'll stay in Logrono and throw a cocktail party for the internationals.

I woke up this morning and heard Gian speaking portuguese on the phone and it was incredibly soothing to feel so at home here, in my flat of four months with my flatmates and the sun trying to penetrate my wooden shutters.

3 comments:

Monica Tan said...

So glad that you're returning to us!

Monica Tan said...

So glad you're heading back : )

Anonymous said...

we love u