Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Part three- Porto

We were only in Porto for two and a half days but I've already decided that it has joined my list of cities I would be happy to live in for a long time. Well, maybe except for the thigh sculpting, body-fat-percentage reducing hills. They were really painful and cobbled. But the views from the top were amazing. When we crossed to the other side of the river, we could see a thick mist floating on the top of the water. It almost looked like the city was suspended in the clouds. (Photos: Porto by night; Porto by day)

Between the two of us, Lisa and I drank eleven glasses of port (at the port wine houses) and a bottle of wine. But I think I drank the majority. We got back to Spain on Saturday and I'd budgeted enough time for us to leave our luggage at the bus station, spend a leisurely two hours in Salvador Bachiller looking at the beautiful sale items, grab a soy coffee and wholemeal muffin and trot back to the station to catch the bus back to Logrono. BUT IT WAS A PUBLIC HOLIDAY. THEY HAVE FIFTY BILLION PUBLIC HOLIDAYS A YEAR. So everything was closed. I nearly threw a tantrum. Apparently the Friday was a public holiday too. I wonder how the productivity levels are in Spain. (Photo: port wine tasting, before; port wine tasting, after)
Photo: Se Cathedral, Porto

No comments: