Sunday, September 21, 2008

Success! Flat!

I have a flat! It's with two Spanish guys, one of whom I haven't met yet but the other one is really clean, doesn't drink or smoke (very unSpanish) and is really nice.

I'd forgotten how crap it is looking for flats and trying to find decent flatmates. I looked at five flats on Thursday and there were varying degrees of grossness (one smelt like one of the flatmates had died and the others just shoved her body under the sofa) and weirdness. In one flat, there was also this guy who was wearing an Iron Maiden shirt and had three electric guitars hanging on his living room wall. When he opened the door, he just looked at me and stood there for a minute. Then he pointed to the bedroom and said 'room', pointed to the bathroom and said 'bathroom', pointed to the kitchen and said 'kitchen' and that was the tour. I though he was going to look at me, point at me and say 'person'.


I asked him how much it would be for electricity and water etc. and he shrugged and said 'I don´t know.' I was like 'Ok...' and we just stood there looking at each other for a bit. Alexis had come with me, and he sort of looked at me and said 'So... We´ll be going then... Thanks.'and we got the hell out of there.

After that I needed some nourishment because I was starting to despair of finding somewhere decent, so Alexis and I went to Calle Laurel, the tapas street and had delicious food.

It was also 2 euro pint night, so after checking out a few more in the evening, Ruben took me to the bar where the other guys had already started drinking and we did some catching up (drink catching up, that is). Also went to Wall Street where the bartender remembered me. He was like 'You're back!' and I was like 'I'm back!' Nice guy.

1 comment:

Monica Tan said...

Ha! The 'person' punchline actually made me LOL. Like literally LOL.