Tuesday, September 30, 2008

To Madrid! And beyond!

My other flatmate, the one I haven't met yet, still hasn't turned up. I'm beginning to wonder if he actually exists...

Pablo (the one I have met) said he was supposed to move in on either Sunday or Monday. So every time I come home, I step warily into the flat in case there's some foreign presence but so far NOPE.

Had a very alcohol-fuelled Saturday night. It was the last night of San Mateo so everyone was out partying and drinking. My new mantra is: stick to beer. Ugh. I'm sure the whole town was suffering from a collective hangover on Sunday morning.

It was fun though. I've never seen people so crazy. Well, I've never seen people so crazy in other countries. Ruben claims we got home at about 8 am.

My sister taught me how to make a 5 minute chocolate cake, so I did that today. It was delicious. Off to Madrid tomorrow, for an orientation thing where hopefully they'll tell me when I start working. I would like to get paid.

2 comments:

Caro said...

Hoooray for instant gratification in the form of 5 min chocolate cakes!!!!!

Caro said...

must tell mother about the cake - she would be utterly grossed out. Like i was until i tasted it and the very little effort i put into it.