Thursday, October 02, 2008

Back from Madrid

So- I'm back.

I was telling one of my friends how it feels like since about the 10th of September, I've been non-stop packing and unpacking, and repacking and unpacking again. Completely bloody sick of it. I don't understand how I managed to do it for 3 1/2 months in 2006. Although I guess I was travelling non-stop then, so I never completely unpacked.

The orientation was good. I got to meet some of the people going to Logrono, as well as other places, and they told us what to do with the children (although apparently we're supposed to get in touch with the schools to find out when we start, they don't tell us...)

We didn't have anything on this morning, so this Canadian guy I met and I went in search of a Chinese supermarket to stock up on Asian groceries, since most small cities don't have them. After a few hours, I finally found one. He had to leave before we found it. And I bought 40 euros worth of stuff...

SO overpriced. It also added an extra 6 kg I had to lug home. But I'm happy.

My other flatmate has moved in ie. he's added a duffel bag to the blanket in his room. I still haven't seen him yet. It could be that from now till when I leave, I never meet this phantom guy. He'll just keep coming when I'm not around to add stuff to his room, and then a month before the end of semester, he'll start emptying his room again.

2 comments:

Monica Tan said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caro said...

Hi bubs