Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Four days of partying

Because Monday was a public holiday, we went out every night from Thursday to Sunday and by Monday evening I was half dead.

I can't remember what time I got home on Sunday morning, but I woke up some time in the afternoon, looked at the clock and went 'Shit.' It was 5:30 pm. Nevertheless, I took a shower, had some food and then met my friends at midnight at a cocktail bar. I've decided the human body is probably not designed for so much continuous drinking. Before I went out though, Pablo and I watched The Exorcist at home with the lights out. There were a few moments when I thought I didn't want to watch any more, but on the whole it wasn't too bad.

Then on Monday, I think everyone else was dead/hungover/asleep, so Beza and I met up for pinchos at lunchtime. Which was just as well because I didn't really have food left, just cans of mushrooms and beans. Carlos had downloaded Gomorra so a whole group of us watched that at The Pad. It was a bit heavy for a Monday afternoon after a whole weekend of partying. (Photo: quail egg and chorizo pincho)

4 MORE DAYS OF WORK AND I'M DONE FOR THE YEAR. Plus both my flatmates will be out of the house by next Tuesday. We made ANZAC biscuits and chocolate slices in class this week. After watching the kids, I'm NEVER eating anything that a child has touched. One of the boys picked his nose (or rather, excavated) then casually continued to roll his dough. And the state of some of their hands... I had no idea skin could be so dirty.

Tomorrow is Thursday and I have a 5-day weekend ahead of me. I'm in love with my life.

3 comments:

Monica Tan said...

Oh man those eggs look divine!! Can't wait to get some chorizo in my stomach :)

Anonymous said...

hi dear, does it matter if i don't have that Curly thing on top of the letter in your address (I can't remember which letter it was or which word & i can't find your email), carobs

Unknown said...

Ahh. Quail eggs. Judy's mum kindly gave us these sticky rice pyramids, and she ran out of salty duck eggs so she put in salty quail eggs. Cool huh.