Sunday, December 14, 2008

Real Madrid vs Barca

It was the all-important Read Madrid vs. Barcelona soccer match last night as well as being Bola's birthday, so we went to his flat and had dinner while watching the match. Everyone had said the question wasn't who would win, but how much Barca would win by. So when the match started, I thought Madrid were doing really well until I realised they were the ones in white and the ones with all the goal opportunities were actually Barca.

Shows how much I know about the soccer here. Anyway, Madrid lost. I think this is the first full match I've watched here since arriving. My friends always get together when a match is on but I always decline. They put really random statistics on the screen every now and then (well, I think they're random). Like what percentage of time a player's spent walking/running/sprinting and how many km a team has covered.

Afterwards, we stayed in the flat till about 2 am, then headed to the bars. At about 5:30 am I decided if I wanted to be able to walk home, I should probably head off but I left Bola, Javi and Laura still dancing and drinking like there was no tomorrow.

On Friday, I went back to my new favourite shop (the 2nd hand clothing store) because they were having sales (UNBELIEVABLE) and bought 3 jumpers and a pair of jeans for 8 euros. Admittedly the jeans aren't the best, but they were only 2 euros. And yesterday I got a haircut for 9 euros. The hairdresser asked how I wanted it, so I said just a tiny bit shorter. She nodded and smiled and ten minutes later, had hacked half of it off. But none of my friends noticed anyway. About four hours into the night, one of them gave me a puzzled look and asked 'Did you get a haircut?'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You should crimp your hair. Then you can be an asian with an afro.

Anonymous said...

Hi dear. It's me. I'm having trouble finding your telephone number. Matty is a mover, he can't stay still. Who did he get that from?!?!? Love carobs