Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Birthday haul

I had the best birthday in a long time. (Photo: Wall Street, Saturday night)

Some of my friends were already sending me birthday messages a few days before and on Friday night, Beza and I had dinner at an Italian restaurant. It was nice to not be alone at home feeling miserable about getting older at the moment I turned 25 (although I'm never home on Friday night anyway).

Then on Saturday, had dinner with all my friends who were in town. I'd only told them on Friday that I was thinking about having dinner, so I thought maybe about seven or eight of them would turn up but they all showed, which really made my day. The only problem was I had an issue with my bank account, where I couldn't withdraw money so I was left with 4 euros on the weekend of my birthday. I'd wanted to shout drinks but I couldn't even do that, because it felt wrong to borrow money from a friend to buy birthday drinks for everyone. And they got me awesome presents too.

Beza made a portrait of me in my Carnaval outfit, Bola made me a CD, Javi and Laura gave me jewellery, Ana a shirt and scarf and the guys chipped in and bought me cookbooks and awesome cooking stuff. I used the cake mould on Monday to make a cake for the teachers at Cenicero.

And Monica made me a video which made me laugh and cry and my family sent me Aussie food. I felt completely and utterly spoilt.

Then on Monday night Juan Carlos, Pablo and I went to an Asian buffet where we stuffed ourselves for two hours straight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!
I would have liked to be there, sounds very good. Food, drinks & presents is a good recipe for a birthday.

Ciao

Monica Tan said...

So glad to hear you had a great birthday!