Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The man from Brussels

I'm going to buy bread from a man from Brussels, who will be six foot four and full of muscle. When I ask him if he speaks my language, he'll just smile and give me a vegemite sandwich.

No, but really. I'm going to Belgium for semana santa, yeah! Belgian waffles and Belgian chocolate, here I come.

Speaking of Belgium, there's a cerveceria just down the road from me that had a huge Hoegaarden sign lit up outside, probably being the only cerverceria in Logroño that serves it on tap. Anyway, last week when I walked past, I noticed they'd taken down the Hoegaarden and put up a Foster's sign.

Everyone who talks to me about Foster's, I tell them it's repulsive, which is why we export it and never drink it ourselves. But actually, had one and it's not that bad. I just think it's such a shame our export beer is so average.

1 comment:

Monica Tan said...

The local beer here is called Quilmes, and sucks. (But it's fine because the vino tinto is sooo good and affordable).

Quilmes sucks and that's why you'd never see it in another country - nobody would be dumb enough to import such a crap beer.

Same with American beers.

Yet why is Fosters imported?! Crazy.