Monday, October 23, 2006

Classes

This semester, I have three 'proper' classes. Two of them are infant/primary school teaching subjects and one (which I now regret taking because the classes are at 9 am) is contemporary philosophy. The teaching ones are SO MUCH FUN. The first one is called Plastic Expression, and all you do in the class is make crafts. I wove this scarf, which is around 150 cm long and took me around seven hours. Our next project is something to do with clay and papier mache. And our assessment task is making a puppet. The last subject is called Rhythm and Dance and you do what kids would do in a music lesson, which is beat in time with the music, dance in a circle with the class mates, form a train and chug along to the beat. When I get back, I'm going to teach my nephew all this so he can get an advanced start and be the most intelligent child in playgroup. I refuse to have dumb relatives.

I told Mum I'd put up photos of my new room so she could see what it looked like. I got the nicest room, the only one with wooden floors and the sun streaks through the window late morning to early afternoon so it gets warm in here. If you look carefully, you can make out photos of my little hairy ones. Alfie is there too. I'm back to sleeping in my Winter-snow-camping sleeping bag. It's amazingly liberating not having proper sheets. No washing HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. All I need to do is air it out once a week.

On the weekend, we had a dinner with around 22 people at a place that's privately owned, but they let you hire it out for a night. They let you use the kitchen and dining rooms to cook the food and then eat it there, so it's like a nice dinner meal with friends, withouth hassle of cleaning up. Food was divine. Thanks to Stefano, Em's Italian housemate, we got heavenly gnocci, four huge blocks of gourmet pizza and Javi made the best dessert ever. And it only cost us 6 euros. I swear I ate one of those entire pizzas by the end of the night.

Saturday, I went out with Javi's friends because it was Jorge's birthday. Went to the erasmus party before that but left early because it was so boring. Javi's friends are always very gentlemanly with me so after such a stressful party before (stressed from being bored), I went mad and had a crazy fun time. Was fantastic. Using the Spanish Night-out measurements, getting home after 5 is a good night out, the regular. Anything after 7 reaches the insane line. So I had a great time on Saturday night. The bakery across the street was baking at 5 am so I ran over and got 3 croissants and two burning hot barras of bread. The croissants were at the just baked stage where they reach a perfect balance of fluffy and dense.

2 comments:

Monica Tan said...

Oh man that's so awesome! All I've been doing in Sydney is staying in the suburbs, reading, eating, sleeping, playing monopoly on my mobile, sufing the net I'm SO BORED

Anonymous said...

Im impressed with your scarf!

laura