Monday, October 30, 2006

Housewarming dinner

I think our housewarming dinner went pretty well. It was a bit hard with the international people and the Spanish because the Spanish spoke too fast for the internationals so the internationals reverted to their own languages, but when you're eating you're not supposed to talk anyway because then you either talk with your mouth full, which is disgusting or you miss out on the food. The Spanish are alcoholics. There were 14 of us, 2 bottles of champagne, 1 bottle of white and around 6 bottles of red and they were pretty much all finished by the Spanish end of the table before dessert was even served. I wish one less person had come because according to Agatha Christie, if you have a table of 13, the first to get up is the next to die. And I wanted to see if it was true and who it would be.

Reuben was supposed to try my hakarl (the putrefied sharkmeat I brought back from Iceland that I put in the freezer) but in the end, only Timon, Beza and I were brave enough to have some. Go us! We rock. We could only eat a piece each so I put the rest back in the freezer for when Lisa comes to visit. (Timon: Mmmm, I'll have some more thanks. Cath: Please, kill me now. Beza: Quick! I need gasoline!)

After dinner we went out to dance at the bars. We had an extra hour of partying because of the daylight saving change but I went home at the same hour I always do except now it was an hour earlier so I stayed up and watched Invader Zim.

Yesterday, The Fellowship of the Ring was on TV in Spanish. Frodo Baggins became Frodo Bolson, the orcs became orcos or orcas and Gimli the dwarf became Gimli el enano. I usually hate dubbed versions because the voices are so incredibly irritating (the females are always high-pitched and whiny and the men sound constipated) but this was pretty good. Still don't like Frodo. He's so useless in the film.

Clockwise at table from front left: Johanna, Ana, Timon, Beza's back, Reuben's nose, Fernando, Javier, Em, Mel, Alexis, Stefano, Gian and Tania.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dont like LoTR Spanish or not. The characters are all silly! Silly i say, silly. hey did you finally get onto Lisa the other day? i suppose so, otherwise you'd still be calling me to tell her to take the cow off the phone.

Anonymous said...

daaaarling, is ok, no need to save the weird thing for me in the freezer. I have got you a kinder chocolate hippo. is very cute. I am about the get my ticket for spain. very excited.

Anonymous said...

hello
wa si ningyu,haha
This is the toy museum's that i told you. If it's not so far from you residence you can visit the museum. It's so cute, have many toys in it.

website http://www.mjc.cat/
p.s.Sorry,My english grammar is a little crappy ha.And this my e-mail--
chang_ningyu@yahoo.com.tw
(you can amend my comment and sand to me)