Saturday, October 28, 2006

Stupid Australian laws


I emailed the Australian Office for importing pets and the stupid person said that due to environmental reasons, turtles aren't allowed to be imported except by zoos. But he's so tiny. And so cute. With such a long tail. I'm absolutely devastated. Look at how tiny and adorable he is. I'm going to visit my great-uncle in Germany for Christmas, probably, so I thought maybe I can give him to his granddaughter. I'm so upset. I came up with all these mad ideas about how to smuggle him into Australia in a plastic container in my pocket but I don't want to be imprisoned or fined $50 000. But he's so lovely and... turtley.

It's my grandfather's funeral this weekend. All the international people went out for another dinner last night but I didn't feel like mingling so I came home after going to a free Beethoven concert and watched series 2 of Kath & Kim in one go. I bought Ghengis a rubber turtle model so he doesn't feel like his container's too empty but it's bigger than he is and has no tail. Hope it doesn't freak him out.

I finished and handed in my assignment four days early. Yay for me. I was just really irritable and tired for no reason, but fidgety and nervous at the same time so I decided to channel my energy into something positive. I suspect it's crap but at least it's done and that's one less thing to think about. We're having a dinner tonight at our flat, as a sort of house warming thing. It was supposed to be only around 8 people but ballooned to around 15 and I don't want to have it any more. Javier and some of his friends are coming which will be fun, but we also have other people coming that I don't know so well, so WHY THE HELL ARE THEY INVITED???

The new girl who's moving into the empty room came with her family yesterday to see the flat. Her mum is a fat, pushy, obnoxious, loud, racist, nasty bitch. I hate her daughter already. Mel and I were whispering to each other in English while they were looking around, and her mum was like 'Oh, Americans.' I replied 'Excuse me, not Americans, we're Australians.' And the fat cow said 'Yes, yes, I know, but to us French people, all people who speak English are Americans.' I should have called her a close-minded bitch to her face. And when she met Jian, she rolled her eyes and said 'Oh, a Brazilian boy.' And then later, when they came up again to move in the girl's stuff, I went to hide in my room but Jian kindly offered to help them with the bags and she asked him 'Where's the little chinese girl with the slanted eyes?' When she left, I had a rant to Jian about it. Firstly, I already told her I was Australian, and secondly, I'm Taiwanese not Chinese. Get it right you maggot-brained sow. And lastly, my eyes are not slanted, they're beautiful. I know because Allen tells me and he has very good taste in these things. Get that right too, you rotting carcass. If her daughter is anything like her, I'm going to make her life miserable. I'm very skilled at that- ask Allen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) I have this whole "I am taiwanese NOT chinese" rant all the time. Give it up. Nobody knows the diff. I also had the "I am Australian NOT English" rant when i was in the US. Gave that up too. The Americans have no idea. The french obviously dont either. Lisa's Bday tomorrow!

Monica Tan said...

Whoa I would have socked that lady one. I was wondering what was going to happen to the turtle after your time in Spain was up!

Anonymous said...

what's worse? calling you chinese or asian? hm

Anonymous said...

Ghengis has the most beautiful tail! I am so sad that he cant come. I am sure he and alfie would have a ball. So, is Jian 'Geean' or 'Hee-an'? One never knows.