Monday, October 16, 2006

Goodbye, Esio Trot

The bastard (otherwise known as Druggie #3) came for his tortoise. I was so devastated. I really thought he wouldn't come back (and I was hoping the police would imprison him so he couldn't come back). He didn't really love his tortoise- he didn't give it a name, or build it a nice house, or leave it in the sun for 6 hours a day and feed it a varied diet like we did. We called it Esio Trot and made it a little shelter in its cage, with pebbles, a drinking pond and little food container. It was really scared for the first day but then we placed it in the sun and it became really energetic and chased our shoes and ran around making happy noises.

The internet guy came today to fix the internet. We have internet again! It took him around 3 seconds to fix it and I was like 'Wow, how did you do that?' and he beckoned me over and said 'See the On/Off switch? It needs to be turned on.'

Our gas ran out, so today will be the third day of showering with cold water. There's another tank in the pantry but the landlady told us to call the gas people to come change it for us. I tried to change it myself but every time I touch it, I smell gas. So we called the gas people but they only have an answering machine where you leave your telephone number and address. I suspect they'll never call us back. I went to the supermarket to buy microwave food because we can't cook either and microwaved it for too long so I had to eat a shrunken, leathery thing that I think was supposed to be fish. It's not that I don't know how to use the microwave, it's just they put stupid times on it. If it says 'Microwave for 6 minutes' then it shouldn't burn up if you microwave it for 6 minutes. Stupid instructions.

No comments: