Sunday, November 02, 2008

Armed with fried rice

Last night, Ruben came over and told me 'You know, if you reset the modem, it might work?' So I did, and the internet functions!!! I'm a bit overwhelmed. Skype, voipbuster, emails... All these things I lived without for three weeks. I'm not sure whether to check my email, call my family/friends or do school work first. So I decided the best thing would be to cook a huge (think half a kilo) bowl of fried rice at 6 am in the morning and eat it at my laptop.

School so far as been fantastic. In Cenicero, the fact that I have to get up at 7:15 am is offset by the fact that the teachers there are fantabulous and young and vivacious (and we have lunch/dinner once a week together). Last week was Halloween, so we went through some Halloween vocab in class, such as pumpkin, ghost, vampire and played Bob for Apples and Whack the Witch (my invention, where you blindfold a child and give him a stick so he runs around and tries to whack the other kids- potentially dangerous but very entertaining).

I also went on an excursion with the 5th and 6th graders to Vitoria. We visited the cathedral and the Modern Art Museum. I prefered the museum, if only because it wasn't 1 degree celsius inside, but being with 25 10 and 11 year olds is quite draining and I thought I'd die before arriving home. During lunch time, I played skipping rope games with the girls.

The parents have some privacy issues with their kids being photographed, so I've put up a photo instead of Andres peeing in the women's bathroom. Which is just as amusing, if not so visually attractive. Tonight I went out with Ana, one of the English teachers in Cenicero and my friends. As usual, too much beer and too much kalimotxo but also a lot of fun. It's been practically two years since I played drinking games.

Also, the 1st of November is a public holiday for some saint (or many saints) so the supermarket wasn't open which means I only have 3 kg of apples left in the flat. They were on sale.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading your blog, caro