Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I am a slave to my work

On Monday night, I decided I wanted to tell the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears to the kids at school. But then there was the hassle of making the characters, so I procrastinated until after midnight, and then I thought, 'Oh well, it won't take me too long.'

Four hours later, I was just a little exhausted and grumpy. I drew Goldilocks, the three bears, the three bowls of porridge, the three chairs and the three beds, went over the lines with a thick black texta, coloured them in, cut them out and wrote my script for the story. I was going to draw an empty bowl of porridge and a broken chair but by that time I was like, bugger this.


And the next day I told the story five times. I'd also made a theatre out of a cardboard box, so I stuck blu-tack to the back of the characters, stuck them to pencils and had them prancing around my theatre. Don't know if the kids liked my storytelling skills but I had fun.


Next time I'm just going to google images from the internet.

2 comments:

Monica Tan said...

Ah I love it! What a clever teacher you are :))))

Anonymous said...

You my dear, are destined to work with children (Except the working WITH children bit). Your craft is fantastic. If you were going to throw them out, could you send them on this way? Oliver would have a ball with those things. I could do a puppet thing for him too. Yes? YES? YES!!!! That's his newest thing, he'll ask for something (Like banana milkshake, that kid is addicted) & then answer his own question with emphatic "Yes? Yes? Yes!!!"