Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The fight is over! (Maybe)

This is Avenida de la Paz, the street that leads me home at 6 am every Sunday morning. Although the photo was taken a few weeks ago, when it hadn't started raining yet. I spent a very happy Sunday glued to my laptop, jealously checking every so often to see if my precious wireless signal was still alive and kicking.

I kissed it goodnight and when I woke up on Monday morning, I sprang back to my computer to use it and it was gone.

I nearly wept. But I didn't. I went to the gym instead and ran and hit things.

Still wasn't working this morning, but at about lunchtime, They called Pablo and told them the problem should be fixed and we shouldn't have any more problems. I did notice it's running quite slowly, but maybe the internet breakdown was a deliberate ploy by Orange to make us so happy we've got internet at all that we don't notice how crap it is.

I am (aside from internet debacle) having the time of my life here. I draw things, I write things, I run around and drink and eat with my friends. Javi and Beza have rented a flat with four other guys. It's just for hanging out in rather than sleeping- I don't think it would be very comfortable sleeping there. The building has no lift and is full of hookers, junkies and illegal immigrants probably, and a flat with six guys and lots of beer isn't the cleanest place in the world.

Anyway, on Friday, I went over and Beza, Ruben and I ate chinese takeaway and watched a few crapulous movies. Well, Blue Velvet wasn't crapulous but it was too weird for me and I was sick, so I fell asleep for five minutes and when I woke up, the plotline had gone haywire.

Then last night, Javi and his band were going to practise, so he invited me along but they decided to hang out at the flat instead, playing video games. So I went by with a box of recently made (by me) Anzac bickies and watched them play Street Fighter. It's hilarious how devastated people get by little 2-D characters on screen.

On Sunday night, I went for a walk/jog by the river. It was raining a bit, there were puddles everywhere and around me there were just street lights, darkness and the sound of the river. I have discovered that pure happiness can be found by dancing in the rain (as long as no one sees you).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cath, dancing in the rain, are you crazy ? how about dancing in the snow ? marcos.

Monica Tan said...

Ahh... fabulous post! Life sounds grand at the moment.

Anonymous said...

Father is funny. As usual. You know, sometimes his comments are funnier than your blog. Which is very funny. Haha. Caro