Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Four days with Josh

My first visitor has come and gone. Josh was doing some filming in Barcelona for two weeks and decided to pay me a visit when it wrapped up.

He arrived on Saturday, which was Javier's birthday party so we picked him up from the bus station at 3 pm and by 5 pm he was eating and drinking with the rest of us. (Photo: Some of the boys playing poker)

It's been an insane four days. We started eating at 5 pm on Saturday afternoon, didn't stop till 1 am Sunday morning, then headed out to the bars and stayed out till 5 am.

Sunday was a cruisey day, seeing that we didn't get up till (very) late. In the evening, we went for some pinchos. (Photo: Josh and I drinking sorbete de limon)

We also found a fantastic second hand clothing store where I got two jumpers for 3 euros each. I'm a bit dubious about the cleanliness of the clothing, but as long as I don't break out in a rash I'm happy. On Monday, Ruben started his new job and shouted us to some beers and calamari and on Tuesday, we climbed the Logrono mound.

The mound is a hill with vineyards on the slopes and a nice view of the city when you get up the top. However, Josh decided it would be fun to take the unmarked trail back down, which involved slipping down the hill face and ending up at the fence with a five metre drop to the road.

I have to admit it was fun, but I was a bit concerned about how we were going to get out because there was no way we could climb back up. We eventually found a hole in the fence and jumped. Then went and had pinchos for lunch.

There was also a free photo exhibition we went to in the old part of town. Afterwards, we went by Javi's and Beza's flat to say goodbye to the guys and drink kalimotxo because Josh hadn't tried it yet. Beza said (with a note of horror in his voice) "It's only Tuesday, you know." I'm pretty sure Josh had fun. He was going to leave on Tuesday, but decided to stay an extra day. I had a great time, but got up at 5:45 am this morning to walk to the station with him and then had to work at 9 am. Some of the kids today were absolute shits. Have a headache now.

This divine hamburger was my dinner last Thursday night after we went out for 2 euro pints. I've realised hamburgers are featuring quite prominently in my diet here.

P.S. Update on the internet situation- the internet stopped working again for a week, and then my computer also decided to throw in the towel. Since last night I've had connection but I'm going to start taking bets on how long it will last. Gah! Gah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! good safari at Logroño´s mound... (where the hell is that?) next time I want to have some fun, too.

(look at Andres´ face while playing poker :D)