Monday, September 25, 2006

No photo

The guy hasn´t sent me the photo yet. If he doesn´t send it to me, I curse the day he was born. A pox on his family. I knew I should have gone back again the next day and jumped in front of another bull so my friend could take the photo.

On Friday, Javier and his friends kidnapped me and Emily and took us to his grandfather´s place. He´d told us we were going to have dinner at his grandfather´s house, so we assumed we´d meet his grandparents and got all dressed up to make a good impression, but it turned out his grandfather is dead and it was just a bunch of his friends (like around 15) and us two token girls. They... ahem... cooked for us (which involved four guys opening a packet and placing it in the microwave). It was great fun- his grandfather has a huge boar´s head hanging from the wall and cinnamon liquer in his cupboard. Below is a photo of Reuben and me. He´s one of the coolest guys I know (because he carries anti-fatigue eye cream around with him in his bag).

Saturday was the last day of San Mateo and we went to see the fireworks which went on for around 20 minutes- absolutely stunning. Usually I don´t like fireworks that much. They seem a waste of tax payers´ money. But since I´m not a tax payer here I could enjoy them with the knowledge that someone else´s hard work was paying for my entertainment. Then we went to a fun park on the other side of the river where I went on this vertiginous ride that could possibly have made me throw up if I´d had food in my stomach. And I´m not a queasy type.

I think Mel has invited some people over for dinner because her friend from Vienna is leaving tomorrow morning. However, since they´re both in San Sebastian at the moment, I suspect it means I have to go buy and prepare the food. At least I can make the Swedish meatballs that Elisabeth gave me the recipe for. If they´re gross I´ll make sure they´re too hungry to reject them ha! Or I´ll lock them in the flat till all the meatballs are gone. Last time we invited Emily over for dinner she got food poisoning and was up the whole night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear child, you should have got his details & chased him up

Anonymous said...

eye fatigue cream? that ain't supposed to be cool at all, wtf.