Sunday, September 03, 2006

Free political Propaganda

Sweden has been fantastic. Admittedly expensive (think London prices) but that´s fine since I´m not paying for accommodation. The weather has been great, except for a brief thunderstorm yesterday afternoon but it didn´t matter because I was indoors anyway. When I arrived, Elisabeth´s brother met me at the train station at Uppsala and helped me get a student discount card and then we had dinner at a student pub, then the next day Elisabeth came back to Uppsala and we did some tourist sites. On Friday we went to Stockholm and yesterday while she was working I went to the pool and gym at her work. Which was just as well because we´d had a buffet breakfast (for 3 euros, so I stuffed my face) and I was so full I swear I actually had a massive pot belly for around 3 hours until the food digested a bit. I tried to squeeze two months of gym workouts and jogging into the four hours I was at E´s work, but it didn´t work because there was an adventure pool area with water slides and a whirlpool area and lots of floating things you climb up and jump off and I just had to try them all.

Last night we had dinner at her friend´s flat which has a wonderful view of the garbage burning station then went to see a live band perform. But that was a bit of a letdown because we were in the queue for 45 minutes and by the time we got in, they were up to their last song so we only heard one song. And I was so tired from my... workout... that I went home early.

They have rancid fish in Sweden too! I was going all the way to Iceland to try their rancid fish but apparently it´s a delicacy in Sweden as well, although a different breed (race? type? species? I have suddenly forgotten the word) of fish. I´m too scared to open the can though because someone told me it smells like a dirty toilet and someone else said it smells like month old garbage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ello