Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I love my art class

After many many sleepless nights, I have finally finished my art projects for my art class. The cat is a puppet- very beautiful I have to admit, especially since I'm awful at sewing and I had to sew the two sides of the body together. I superglued it to the head and accidentally superglued my hand to it as well but I finally detached myself, along with a few layers of skin. I love superglue. I once superglued a red frog to my friend's notebook in class when I was bored. It was so he wouldn't have to remember to bring lollies to class, he could just lick the cover of his notebook.

I was going to make a demon instead of a cat because I thought it would be funny to scare my sister's child with it but Em and Mel told me it was too cruel. The penguin is for Allen for Christmas. It's SOOOOO CUTE!!! It's one of those toys where you push it but it stand back upright when you let go. The body is made from a small light bulb. I spent forever trying to separate the metal part from the glass without breaking it, and then chipping away the inside bit that has the tiny wires. The first one cracked and I threw it at the wall in a fit of rage.

Our next project for this class is some sort of toy made from recyclable material. I thought about getting two empty cans and some string to make those stilt-like things that you can stand on and walk about on but it seems to be a bit of a cop out because they're so easy to make.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is sooooo cute!! the cat looks surprised.