Monday, November 27, 2006

Two months

Two months from today till I touch down in Sydney! I'm so excited but sad at the same time. When we went out with Javi and his friends on Saturday, I realised it will be one of the last times I do that because Lisa comes next Sunday and then we'll be travelling during the Christmas break. (Clockwise from left: Beza, Louis, Reuben, Fernando, me, Emily)

I've been lazing on my arse for the last week or so. Mel left for the Netherlands on Tuesday and without her around I don't have anyone to prod me to go to class (although usually I ignore her anyway). And Emily was in Madrid so there was no one I had to meet up with so unless I was out of food or going to the gym, I didn't leave the house at all. However, that will all change once Mel returns (which I think is tonight some time). (Photo: Reuben exorcising a demon from his lungs, Fernando trying to look like a 90 year old hag)

Last night the Croissant made dinner for us and we opened a bottle of rose which she made in her enologia class. It was a pretty good wine- very surprised. She's moving out this week and I'm a bit horrified to discover that I don't actually mind her any more and that I might miss her a bit. But she wants to come over and use our internet so I guess it won't be the last of her. She's moving in with two 18 year old Spanish girls. I feel sorry for her already. (Photo: Bobi, me and Andres)

Had a very constructive day. Tried to make a bat from recycled material with empty coke cans for wings but got a shard of aluminium can in my eye so I decided to make a ballerina instead. Or a punk, haven't decided which. It's one of those toys where you pull the strings and it waves its arms. But not being very good at engineering/physics, I can't make it wave properly. It sort of flails. So then I gave up on that and made an adorable little monkey from an empty yoghurt can and was papier mache-ing it when Gian came along and said 'What a pretty rat.' (Photo: Em and Javi, Fernando continuing with his impersonation of a 90 year old hag)

No comments: