Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Absurdities

At the hostel in Wroclaw, I met these two lovely German girls and two Aussie brothers. It made me miss being home, where there are wankers of course, but also heaps of laid back people who are just so frank and cheerful (except on the road- no one seems cheerful in cars in Sydney). It especially made me miss my creature because he epitomises all that is good about Aussie guys. The Aussies at the hostel had brought four tubes of vegemite with them, so I had some for the first time in ages (except for that time I stole some of Em's when I was staying in her flat in Logrono- sorry!).

I realised when I arrived in Wroclaw, that I'd done a loop because it was the same station that I got dropped off at from Berlin that I caught the bus to Vienna from. Breslau, Wroclaw, I don't know if they're different names for the same place.

Some absurdities I've seen:
'vegetarian baguette' in France with tuna
a Maggi cafe (yes, the company that brings you instant noodles and cup-a-soup things. What, they add hot water for you for a fee?) in Germany
an ear on a cathedral (don't ask)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean 'an ear on a cathedral'? please explain.