Sunday, August 27, 2006

Luther had an accident

Well, ok I admit I threw him down the stairs. Actually, 'throw' is such a harsh word. I more dropped him down the stairs at my last hostel to see how far he'd roll because the staircase was so winding and steep and treacherous. He rolled and rolled and rolled until he reached the bottom. I bought him a shirt from the market though, as an apology.

I loved the hostel at Antwerp. In fact, I loved Antwerp to bits. I wish I'd not gone to Amsterdam and spent the time in Antwerp instead. I had a belgian waffle which was doughy and hot inside with a light, crisp golden shell. And some divine chocolates. And when I walked from the hostel to the Central Station, I passed a boy leading a bleating, ragged sheepy goaty creature. It was hysterical.

The hostel had a folk bar downstairs at nighttime and a long wooden bench for breakfast. Despite being bitten by some parasitic animal four times on my ankles and by four mosquitoes on my face, I thought it had fantastic character (well, I don't know if it was the same animal four times or four different animals and just one very thirsty mosquito or two or three but you get my point). Am now in Brussels which is very high rise and a bit yuppish like Den Haag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daaaarling, how could you?? You threw him down the stairs?? Ach...

Anonymous said...

what is it with lisa & daaaarlings? haha