Thursday, August 10, 2006

Home of Kommisar Rex

On the way to my hostel, I passed the cathedral that they show at the very beginning of Inspector Rex. So excited! Arrived in Vienna at 4:45 and since nothing was open and the trams weren't working, I waited at the station with the bums sheltering from the cold. When I arrived at the hostel, the guy at reception was extremely unhelpful. He stared at me and said 'Check in is at 1 pm' and since I just stood there and stared at him, he added 'You can put your luggage in the luggage room if you like' and gave me the key. Then when I returned and gave him back the key, he just took it and we stood there looking at each other from across the counter. No suggestions of showing me the common room, the computers, anything. And I asked him if I could deposit my passport and money in the safe and he repeated 'You want to put your valuables in the safe?' like I'd said a rude word.

Highlight of Poland was definitely the pierogis (dumpling things) in Warsaw. I had a 'meat' soup in Wroclaw that turned out to be lung soup. Very odd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Komisar Rex! they probably don't show that there no more huh? It looks a bit old, the series they show here. Their mobile phones are like huge.