Friday, August 25, 2006

It's official- I'm accident prone

I bought this expensive umbrella in Warsaw (it was the cheapest I could find but the price tag still made me gag) for which I was very thankful because I've had horrible weather for the past month and a half until it broke on me this morning.

It was absolutely pouring in Amsterdam when I left to go to Rembrandthuis and on the way, the spring snapped and rocketed into my thumb. Because it was such an expensive umbrella, the spring was super-large and super-strong and I felt like my thumb was broken. So I was hopping around yelping and moaning and the stall owner (I was in a stall at the time) suggested I place it in a puddle of cold water to keep down the swelling. However, after 5 minutes, I decided I felt too ridiculous crouched in the rain with my hand in a puddle of rain water and would rather have a massive purple bruise under my thumbnail and the incredible pain.

Didn't like Amsterdam too much. It's too hectic and its pot/mushroom/redlightdistrict culture is flogged to death. Also I visited Van Gogh Museum but I found it depressing. Am in Den Haag now, which is very modern and high rise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve suggests you write a book from this blog - "The adventures of Cath in Europe". The thumb in puddle image made laugh so hard i want to pee.......

Anonymous said...

btw, i got your ljbu (sp?>?????) postcard, that you sent me from croatia, or slovenia or some country over there. thanksh.