Friday, August 04, 2006

Deustche Touring

My creature's mum's funeral was today. I wish I could be in Australia with him. His birthday is tomorrow too. It's painful being on the other side of the world sometimes, when telephones just aren't enough to say how you really feel.

On another note, I wrote two polite but angry emails to Deutch Touring, the company I was supposed to catch the bus from Berlin to Warsaw with. Last night, when I went to get on the bus, the driver said that unfortunately, even though I had the right ticket, the bus was full. So I had to stay a night in Berlin, and this morning because no one at the company speaks English, I had to ask the concierge lady at the hotel to call them for me. It transpires that there's a list on the bus, of the names of the passengers and some guy bought a ticket even though he wasn't on the list which meant I couldn't get on. AND the next direct service which has a seat to Warsaw leaves on Sunday night, so I have to catch the bus to Preslau, which arrives at some ungodly hour in the morning, and catch the train to Warsaw from there.

Never fear, they will be hearing from me again. I sent emails, but when I get back to Spain at the end of the month, they will be receiving a formal letter or a phone call or both, asking how they expect to recompense me for my troubles and difficulties. Unless they send me an exceptionally nice email explaining that they will refund the money for my bus, pay for my accommodation last night, the deposit for the hostel in Warsaw and possibly send me a lollipop in the mail as well. Or a card saying 'Turn that frown upside down!'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to believe that ,like Japan, germany people is a very efficient and smart people, but according to your story, I dont believe anymore. anyway, please let everyone know the end of this story if you have any.bye

Caro said...

u poor thing. i is v. ill.

Monica Tan said...

Travelling in Europe can really give you the shits. Customer service is non existent. Especially if you don't speak the language.

Anonymous said...

daaaarhling!! you poor poor thing!! How very wude of them indeed.