Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Drano is the smartest invention on Earth


The three of us from Australia

Melissa arrived today. She's sleeping in my spare bed at the moment and she can stay as long as she wants- she's a STAR. She brought a whole brand new container of Drano, and IT WORKED!!! I thought our bathtub was in too sorry a state to be done with just two tablespoons of Drano, which is what the bottle recommended, but it worked. I was so excited I nearly kissed the bottle, but it has a very big 'POISON' label on it and says things like if it makes contact with your skin or eyes it may burn through to the next five layers. Also, when I first put it in the plughole, it hissed at me, and steamed a little. Melissa said she was only going to bring a little bit, but had visions of it getting wet and burning a hole through her luggage. So the next place I live in, I won't need to worry about crappy hair clogging up the bathtub. I'll also make sure my flatmates are cleanly people.

She also brought me a Milo bar because she couldn't bring a whole tub, and two full packs of Tim Tams. Breda keeps calling them Tam Tams. Apparently Canadians don't have Milo. I was trying to explain to Kaley, Breda and Louis what Milo is. No Tim Tams, no Milo... the deprivation would be unbearable. Tomorrow we're going to eat Tim Tams with hot chocolate. Perhaps we should wait till my 3 kg of Milo arrives from Taiwan.

I found a packet of exotic dried fruit mix at a different supermarket to the one I usually shop at. However, it has dried coconut slivers and lots of raisins which I'm not too keen on. They are cheaper than the fruit and nut mix I normally buy though, for twice the amount, so maybe I could go through and pick out all the dried coconut and most of the raisins. Fruta Deshidratada. Interesting.

I went to my first class today. It's called Cine Anglonortamericano, and sounds very similar to a subject I did last year, Cinematic Cultures. It's also completely in English and I can write the assessments in English too. Ha! The only downside is of course that I've done a class almost exactly the same in Sydney and I wouldn't be learning any Spanish because it's all in English, and the teacher talks in English except when he's clarifying things in Spanish, and I don't get marked on it. So I'd be doing the subject for fun. I do get to watch a free film every week though. I asked Allen to send over the essay I wrote last year for Cinematic Cultures to see if I can modify it and use it for the 75% assessment task for this subject. Surely it's not plagiarism if you copy from yourself. The essay question is almost exactly the same too- I can even write it on the same film I analysed last year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you know that Drano is made from either stronge acid or stronge alkaline, like surfuric acid which can easily burn your skin

Caro said...

:) That's my sort of thing! Re-cycling, re-using! WOOHOO! I say, take the easy subjects. I mean why go through more pain than you have to. I'm disillusioned with the world. Why i ever went to uni i have no idea. I should have just done TAFE, or not even that.
How cynical of father (top). Does he have a blog?!

Caro said...

Is he bored? Yooohooo dad! RISE & SHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

darling, it is plagerism. You have to reference yourself. eg. Mah (2005, p. 24).

Anonymous said...

Oh and Darling, you haven't answered my question. How come you're From Claudius. Because then you'd reference your blog 'from From Claudius'.

Monica Tan said...

You know the uni part of this year overseas is nearly completely irrelvant.