Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Piso hunting


This is a picture of a small street in Logrono (and me in my new Zara jacket). Went piso (flat) hunting today. So bloody exhausting. We went in to uni first, after buying some breakfast. I had a baguette (35 centimes) although I couldn't finish it all, and a juice, and Emily bought this bizarre coffee thing which comes in a plastic cup. You press in the base, shake it for 40 seconds, open the foil covering and drink your hot coffee. Don't ask me how it becomes hot. Anyway, then we went to the uni and got our student cards, which are as dodgy as the ones from Sydney uni ie. a laminated piece of cardboard with your photo on it, and a list of pisos. Had to buy a sim card to call all these people. A lot of them I think said that they were taken but mostly it was them yabbering away, me saying 'Pardon?' and 'Mas lente por favor' and them finally hanging up on me. Emily found a really nice place, the nicest one we saw all day, but her room was a bit dark and she wouldn't be able to move in till the 2oth. I ended up seeing six places altogether and some of them were absolute freak holes. Found one which is more or less all right and pretty much what I'm looking for, so I think I'll take it because I'm so sick of looking.

In the afternoon, Emily and I realised that it was 4:30 and we hadn't had anything to eat since breakfast so we went to a supermarket and bought a baguette, cheese and ham and sat on the side of the road ripping bits off the baguette and shoving some ham and cheese into it to make what you would call an open sandwich if you were feeling charitable. Still can't believe some of the prices here. I got 6 x 500 mL bottles of water for 19 centimes, and in the liquor section, whole bottles of wine ranged from 55 centimes to 3.49 Euros. There was a bottle for around 10.49 Euros. It must have been made out of golden grapes that the queen had washed herself with her spittle or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why are you From Claudius?