Tuesday, February 21, 2006

More strange sightings


Here is another list of strange things I've noticed in Spain:
* A lot of the men go jogging in shiny lycra and flourescent sneakers
* Mullets are in vogue here- the fuglier the better. Yesterday I spotted a guy with a mullet who had made the back bits into dreadlocks
* Double parking is cool. It's even cooler if you're the parked-in car to honk your horn for half an hour until the other driver comes along
* The CSIRO in Australia is pronounced 'Seziro' here

This is a photo of me in my 2,90 Euro sunnies I bought from Bershka because I lost my expensive Christian Dior ones the day before leaving Australia. The couch has an ugly cover because underneath it's even uglier. And the wallpaper completely complements the decor. We have a vinyl tablecloth that has green frogs with flyswats on it.

My sister gave me this fantabulous idea because I couldn't find a hot water bottle anywhere and I didn't know what it was called in Spanish. I bought a pair of stockings, filled them with rice, then got a long sock and used that as a cover. So now I have a heat pack. Except it steams and smells like cooked rice every time I microwave it. This is a photo of it. I've decided to call it Fat Panda.

2 comments:

Caro said...

From She-Of-The-Great-Ideas! Heard you Skyped me this morning. I was at Station, going to work. Love Carobs

Anonymous said...

That looks strangely disturbing. Like an amputated foot. At least it smells nice. luv Lisa