Friday, February 10, 2006

No Fat People

I've noticed there are very few fat people here. The food is usually really heavy and greasy, and they seem to drink their Saturdays and Sundays away, as well as most weekday nights, so I don't understand. Plus they eat really late at night. But then, I think I've lost weight while I've been here, although it's mostly because I haven't been eating. Only managed to have a meal of a bowl of All-Bran with soy milk that tasted like grass at 5 in the afternoon. And an apple. I think the main difference is that there are no fast food places at all, except for a McDonalds somewhere. So if you want food you either have to go to a supermarket and buy it, or go into a cafe and order it. You have to hunt for your food, which you never have to do in Australia, except maybe when you're in the country (although there are still heaps of fat people in the country towns in Australia). It never struck me how much food is in people's faces all the time in Sydney. Every second shop sells food on the street, and if you go to a shopping centre, you've got food courts and easy access food. Plus Logrono is probably not much bigger than Chatswood in size so people walk everywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHahahah...your posts are so funny!
is carolina going to read it? i guess she can't kill you because you're overseas but saying she's getting fatter everyday and she has a parasitic foetus hahah...
im bummed i didnt go clubing with you guys because i wanted to take photos of you before you left. dammit.
ooh that pretzel looks nice. i think ill have lunch now.
ps. you should have used my phrasebook to say 'F off' to the bus driver but since the F word wasnt used in that context in the book, perhaps its better that u didnt use it