Friday, February 17, 2006

Washing clothes

I was so excited yesterday because my towel was finally dry and I could dry myself with the large towel, and not the hand towel I'd been using for the last few days. Because most people here live in flats they don't have a clothes line like in Australia, or if they do it hangs out of the window. But in my piso, we have a rack in the living room and it took my socks three days to dry. Cannot wait till Summer when my clothes are thin and I can wear thongs all the time.

My flatmate's cleaning habits haven't seemed to changed much after her last exam which she didn't actually sit. There's a quarter of a loaf of bread that's been sitting on the chopping board since Tuesday. I don't know whether to throw it out for her or leave it there for decoration and see how long it takes to go mouldy. At least she eats instant meals most of the time so there's not much washing up to do.

I went to the bank today, to get my card activated and the man there said it would take another week before I could get my PIN. I also told him my last name was spelt wrong, and they'd put my last name as my middle name and my middle name last, but he looked at the card and said 'It doesn't matter.' How can it not matter???

We've had a lot of meetings with the other international students, parties for the last two nights, and one tonight that I really don't want to go to. They plan so much for us but really I'd rather just sit at home and sleep. I ate chips and two very very delicious biscuits that were full of fat and sugar for lunch because I couldn't be bothered cooking.

3 comments:

Lura said...

that must be annoying! (referring to the washing)

Im trying to save money, so I have been trying to hand wash everything, except my jeans and towel which I sneak with my friend's load of washing. When it comes to drying, its a drag because I hang my clothes over the radiator and my room gets really humid.

take photos and post them! ciao

Anonymous said...

now I know that spanish people just like brasilian or portuguese, they treat everything " dosent matter " ,even when their houses catch fire, they still say " dosent matter ", wahahaha.

Caro said...

Gee, who would anonymous be? ... um... my father?

I'm impressed that you seem to be getting round. Am now going to go do the washing. Hate the dryer in the apartment though - it makes a loud noise & makes room stuffy & hot.