Friday, March 03, 2006

Barcelona


Melissa and I bought tickets to Barcelona today. We're catching the 2am bus so we'll get there and have all of Saturday to find a hostel and rest a bit, and still have time to look around. I'll be spending my birthday there! Can't wait. There's a wine festival or something there, which is why we're going. Emily and Breda were going to come as well, but they weren't happy with the idea of just turning up and hoping we could find some place to stay. So they've gone to Bilbao today, and are coming back tonight and going to Breda's friend's pueblo on Saturday.

Last Sunday, Melissa and I went to a cafe and had our first paella in Spain. I've got before and after shots of it. Yesterday I went to my first authentic wine tasting event. A lot of pompous farts (like the old man who told me I wasn't holding my glass properly) and a lot of alcoholic uni students. We paid 6 Euros for the glass, had as much as we wanted to drink, and got to keep it too. A photographer took a photo of me and a winemaker- probably because I was the only Asian person in the place. Some of the wines were pretty good, but I tried one that hadn't been finished which was disgusting. My Cultura Vitivinicola tutor was there- I hope he didn't remember that I wasn't in class. I had to go to the bank, because I wasn't sure whether we were going to Barcelona on Friday or Saturday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Hope you have fun in Barcelona. I was sure you weren't in Canada!

Caro said...

Does the Paella taste like the stuff mother makes? I've put up a pic of your bday cake on my diary :)

Anonymous said...

wow that looks SO YUM!
And i love all your pics!! looks like ur living it up!