Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Be it ever so humble

Yay! I'm home! I'm home! Home to my hideous wallpaper and dirty bathroom! Home to the metro-less town and fantastic cheap tapas! I was so happy to drive over the bridges into Logrono and see the graffiti underneath the arches, I nearly hugged the bus driver. The apartment blocks actually looked welcoming.

Madrid wasn't too bad- I saw some good things but I was so sick for most of it I'm trying to block it all out. There was Starbucks with my first soy hot chocolate in almost two months (which I later threw up), Hard Rock Cafe and a divine HUGE BLT sandwich (which I also later threw up), El Rastro and the squashy crowds, a strike about parking meters that surrounded our hostel so we couldn't find our way back, a goth club where the only gothic thing was the bartender's face, Joy night club with go-go dancers, and Petra's International Bookstore where I picked up 4 English books, 5 Spanish books and 2 DVDs all for the bargain price of 13,50 Euros (admittedly, the Spanish books are kid's books- my Spanish reading level).

Like the picture? Yes, I know you're drooling. It's a wall of CANDY.

No comments: